Beech Tree Cottages operates seasonally from May through October, or earlier or later if the weather is favorable. Rates vary by cottage and by season. To make your reservation and to obtain more information about our amenities and the local area, please call our office at
+(203) 245 - 2676.
Cottage Policies & Rules
As a means to protect you, fellow guests and our family, the following rules will be implemented in accordance with the State of Connecticut and our 2020 season experience. READ below for current policies and guest expectations.
We are looking forward to your visit!
- ROOM AMENITIES: Rooms will be dressed with bed and bath linens, individually wrapped bar soap, toilet paper, 1 remote sanitizer wipe, 4-cup coffee makers, and kitchenette appliances (LARGE Cottages only). Coffee/Tea and Shampoo/Conditioner kits are available upon request.
In accordance with the State of Connecticut, all non-essential amenities must be removed from hotel rooms - blow dryers, irons/ironing boards, plates, cups, mugs, cutlery, and sponge/dish soap will be removed from all rooms. In addition, complimentary bicycles, beach towels, beach chairs and large cottage gas grills will not be offered at this time.
- HOUSEKEEPING: Daily "distanced housekeeping" will be available for guests who wish for an exchange of towels or trash. As employees are prohibited from entering guest rooms while guests are present, we ask that you kindly leave your room as you found it.
Upon check out, place all used bed/bath linens in the hamper provided. Turn off A/C and open all screened windows. No personal items, trash or food should be left in or outside your cottage. Large cottage fridges should be empty. Guests are expected to keep their rooms clean and tidy throughout their stay. A cleaning fee will be charged to guests who do not strip their room and do not leave it as they found it. Thank you!!
- Contactless Payment & Welcome Email: On the day of arrival, your card will be automatically run for the full amount due. No cash or check, please. All guests will have the option of self-check-in. Instructions and your cottage assignment will be provided via a Welcome Email the day of arrival. Useful maps and other resources will also be included.
- Social Distancing: Face masks which cover your nose and mouth will be required when entering the office/shop or interacting with staff and other guests. Guests will only have access to their individual cottage and are encouraged to only interact with their immediate cottage "household." When using the sidewalk, parking lot, or yard, please adhere to social distancing guidelines. A mask must be worn when 6ft cannot be maintained. To go a step further, we will not be permitting outside visitors. Beech Tree Cottages grounds and cottages are for cottage guests only.
Please respect our guests' desire for a relaxing and peaceful, socially distanced visit.
- CHECK-IN: 3 PM
- CHECK-OUT: 10:30 AM NO late check-out please and thank you.
- Please note that we are not pet friendly.
You may find a comprehensive list of statewide beach and business updates by visiting our Office of Tourism at ctvisit.com.
For Travel Restrictions and State Mandates, visit ct.gov.
- COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY -
If you do not feel well, or if you or someone you have been in contact with has signs of Covid-19, stay home and stay safe. We are happy to reschedule your visit to a later date if you are unwell or unable to visit due to Covid-19. If this occurs during your visit to Madison, call the office so we may take the immediate steps and precautions to keep you and our guests safe.
If you do not wish to reschedule, your reservation will be handled as a cancellation. We will continue to update you on any policy changes or CT State mandates in regards to your stay. We expect you to keep us informed and be honest about any travel changes or health concerns.
STAY HOME & STAY SAFE if you OR someone you have been in contact has COVID-19 OR displays any cold, flu, or allergy symptoms including but not limited to fever, headache, cough, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, nausea, shortness of breath, trouble breathing, loss of taste or smell, vomiting, or diarrhea.
CT Mandates and Travel Restrictions, VISIT: CT.GOV
COTTAGE INFORMATION AND POLICIES CONTINUED
- 2 Night Minimum required for all stays. 3 night minimum for holiday weekends.
- A 50% deposit will be required to make a reservation.
- Holidays are subject to weekend rate.
- All rates are subject to 15% CT Occupancy Tax.
- All rates are subject to change without notice.
- Cottage assignment is subject to change without notice.
You may cancel or change your reservation for a $25 processing fee per transaction up until 10 days prior to arrival. A refund of your deposit will not be issued without 10 days notice. We regret that refunds are not issued for early departures or late arrivals. Although we sympathize with travel mix-ups, uncooperative weather, and family emergencies, a refund of your deposit will not be issued without 10 days notice. Please communicate any plans or changes to your stay, so we may plan accordingly and keep everyone happy and healthy!
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
- CHECK-IN: 3pm. Instructions will be sent via email the day of your arrival.
- CHECK OUT: No later than 10:30am. Please leave your key in your room. Call, text or visit the office to confirm check out. Guests are welcome to use the yard or leave their car on site, but must be checked out of their room by 10:30 am.
- Upon Check Out: Place all used towels and bed linens in the room laundry basket. Turn off A/C and open all screened windows. Place your key on the counter and depart. The room should be left tidy and in the state in which you found it. All trash should be removed or placed in the trash receptacles. No personal items are to be left inside or outside the cottage (food, trash, personal hygiene items, etc.). Large cottage fridges should be emptied upon departure. A cleaning fee will be charged to any guests who do not follow these guidelines.
- Shared Areas & Social Distancing: Social distancing must be followed throughout your stay. Guests will only have access to their individual cottage and are encouraged to only interact with those in their immediate group. When using the sidewalk, parking lot, or the yard, please practice social distancing and remain 6 feet apart from all other persons. Face masks must be worn when interacting with staff. Staff will not enter your room while you are present. If you need assistance, please call or visit the office.
- Visitors: To respect the needs and safety of all of our guests, Beech Tree Cottages’ grounds are for the use of our guests only. No visitors will be permitted in the yard or in cottages this season. To be respectful of other guests, please keep to your cottage and outdoor space. Remember to adhere to the rules of social distancing.
- Housekeeping: To protect staff and guests, we will not be offering daily in-room housekeeping. We ask that you keep your cottage neat and tidy throughout your stay. Please consult the office if you are in need of fresh towels, a change of linens, or cleaning services. Trash can be disposed of at the dumpster next to the main house. We will come around daily for an exchange of towels and trash for anyone who wishes for a touch of socially distanced housekeeping!
- Complimentary Amenities: Forget your shampoo and conditioner? Looking for your morning coffee and tea? Please visit/call the office for supplies! Items will be available upon request. Plates, cups, cutlery, soap/sponge, gas grills, etc. will not be offered. Every room will have hand/body soap and bed/bath linens.
- Towels & Linens: Each cottage will be dressed with bed and bath linens based on the number of expected guests. If you will be in need of extra towels or a new set of sheets, please consult the office. Please strip your bed and bath linens upon check out – please place all items in the laundry basket. If any items are soiled, please notify the front desk so we may safely dispose of them.
- Small Cottages do not include any refrigeration, food storage, or food preparation facilities. For health and fire safety, no cooking is permitted inside small cottages; this includes hotpots or hotplates. We highly recommend booking a large cottage if you plan to prepare snacks or meals.
- Large Cottages do not contain stoves or ovens. Unfortunately shared gas grills will not be offered as a means to avoid unnecessary contact between guests. If you plan to prepare food or snacks, bring along any necessary supplies. Glassware, dinnerware and silverware will not be provided for 2021. Large cottage guests (only) will be permitted to use a camp stove outside.
Additional Information Cont’d.
- Charcoal grills, bonfires and open flames are not permitted. 1 small personal camping grill/stove will be permitted for large cottage guests only.
- NO SMOKING. NO PETS. You will be charged a $250 cleaning fee and will be charged for lost business or damages if we are unable to accommodate future guests.
- Guests are expected to treat our property with respect and will be held responsible for any damages incurred to our cottages or grounds. Do not move cottage furniture or outdoor furniture.
- Availability of Town of Madison Guest Beach Passes is TBD for the 2021 Season. Rates and rules for Hammonasset Beach State Park can be found by visiting their website.
- Wi-Fi: Due to the nature of our property, we cannot guarantee access to Wi-Fi across all 3 acres or inside each cottage. Keep it low tech, enjoy nature, read a book, or talk to your mate! If you really need the Internet, we will gladly provide it. But be prepared to use your own hotspot if needed!
- Further Updates: to protect guests and limit contact with other guests and staff, bicycles, beach towels, beach chairs, and shared gas grills will not be available this year.
- Lost Key Fee : $45
To hold cottages for your group, a 50% deposit is required at time of booking. Guests within your group should call the office to secure their reservations at least 30 days prior to arrival date, at which time we may remove your hold without penalty. Upon arrival and receipt of full payment from your guests, your deposit will be refunded to you. If you do not wish to hold rooms with a deposit, we cannot guarantee availability for your guests. Due to our small scale, we do not offer discounted group rates.
If you are hosting a private event or wedding at our venue, you will be required to book all cottages for a minimum of two nights. Please email for information and availability.