Beech Tree Cottages operates seasonally from May through October, or earlier or later if the weather is favorable. Rates vary by cottage and by season. To make your reservation and to obtain more information about our amenities and the local area, please call our office at
+(203) 245 - 2676.
Cottage Policies & Information
- Check In @ 3:00 pm
- Check Out @ 10:00 am
- 2 Night Minimum, 3 Night Minimum Holiday Weekends
- No Smoking, No Pets, No Bonfires
- Please call (203) 245-2676, or visit our booking page, to book your stay!
- 2 Night Minimum required for all stays.
- 3 Night Minimum for holiday weekends (Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day).
- A 50% deposit will be required to make a reservation, with balance due upon arrival.
- All rates are subject to 15% CT Occupancy Tax.
- All rates are subject to change without notice.
- Cottage assignment is subject to change without notice.
- Changes or cancellations to a reservation will only be accepted by phone 10am-5pm.
You may cancel or change your reservation for a $50 processing fee per transaction up until 15 days prior to arrival. A refund of your deposit will not be issued without 15 days' notice. We regret that refunds are not issued for early departures or late arrivals. Although we sympathize with travel mix-ups, uncooperative weather, and family emergencies, a refund of your deposit will not be issued without 15 days' notice.
Please note, cancellations or date changes will not be accepted within 72 hours of your scheduled arrival date. You will be responsible for the full remaining balance due.
Please communicate any plans or changes to your stay as soon as possible, so we may best assist you. Cancellations or reservation changes must be confirmed by phone, during office hours (10am - 5pm). Cancellations received after 5pm will be counted as the following day. Changes to a reservation are subject to the $50 processing fee for every change incurred (date change, length of stay change, type of cottage, etc.).
Bookings for 3 or more rooms will be considered a Room Block and should be reserved by phone. Room Blocks require a minimum of 45 days notice to cancel or change and are subject to a minimum $150 cancellation fee. A cancellation or change fee of $50 will be applied per change per cottage. Cancellations will not be accepted within 45 days of arrival.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
- CHECK-IN: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm at our office & gift shop The Little Station. Please call for late arrival instructions. (Extended office hours available during the summer months).
- CHECK OUT: No later than 10:00 am. Please leave your room as you found it and return your key to the front desk (drop it in the key box for early morning departures). Mini fridges should be emptied and all personal items should be removed or placed in the rubbish bin. A fee will be charged to guests who fail to check-out at a reasonable time, and for those who do not leave their room in a kindly way for housekeeping.
- Shared Areas: Guests are welcome to enjoy our spacious 3-acre yard for games, picnicking, or family fun! Bring your own yard games or feel free to use ours. Ask the office about our available games and beach amenities. Do not move indoor or outdoor furniture, and please refrain from using the tented event patio. Follow CDC guidelines for social distancing and face mask usage, when applicable. Large cottages, only, will have access to shared gas grills located outside.
- Visitors: To respect the needs and safety of all of our guests, Beech Tree Cottages’ grounds are for the use of our guests only. No outside visitors will be permitted in the yard or in cottages, please. To be respectful of other guests, please keep to your cottage and outdoor space.
- Housekeeping: Light housekeeping in the form of a towel and trash exchange will be offered upon request from 11am - 2pm. Call or visit the office to request service. We ask that you keep your cottage neat and tidy throughout your stay. Please consult the office if you are in need of a change of bed linens, or additional cleaning services. Take-out food boxes or rubbish can be disposed of at the dumpster next to the main house, or brought to us at the office for disposal. We are happy to replenish the complimentary coffee, tea, and bath toiletries when freshening your room as well!
- Towels & Linens: Each cottage will be dressed with bed and bath linens, and complimentary coffee, tea, and toiletry essentials (shampoo, soap, T.P.). Light housekeeping in the form of a towel and trash exchange will be offered upon request. Please put bath towels in the laundry basket; hanging towels will be left to dry. If any items are soiled, please notify the front office so we may safely remove them.
- Small Cottages do not include any refrigeration, food storage, or food preparation facilities. For health and fire safety, no cooking is permitted inside small cottages, this includes hotpots or hotplates. We highly recommend booking a large cottage if you plan to prepare snacks or meals. A complimentary 4-cup coffee maker and coffee set up is provided in every room.
- Large Cottages do not contain stoves or ovens. Kitchenettes consist of a bar sink, mini fridge, toaster, microwave, 4-cup coffee maker, and dinnerware for 4. If you plan to prepare food or snacks, we recommend bringing along any supplies or paper goods you may need - cups, plates, cutlery, paper towels, etc. Large cottage guests (only) will have access to a complimentary, shared gas grill.
- Guest Rooms & Cottages (#1, #2, #10) can be considered a "medium" style room, offering some Large Cottage amenities in a Small Cottage style room. Guest Rooms and Guest Cottages consist of one bedroom with one bed, private bathroom with shower, and coffee station consisting of 4-cup coffee maker, mini fridge, and microwave for up to 2 guests. Please see Cottage No. 1, Cottage No. 2, and Room No. 10 for additional details or amenities. Gas grills are not available to guest rooms, nor is the use of hotplates or other cooking devices. No cooking is permitted beyond the use of items provided by Beech Tree Cottages.
Additional Information Cont’d.
- Charcoal grills, bonfires, fireworks, and any form of open flame are not permitted. Complimentary gas grills are available to Large Cottage guests if they wish to cook or prepare meals.
- NO SMOKING. NO PETS. NO BONFIRES or CANDLES. You will be charged a $250 cleaning fee, and will be charged for lost business or damages if we are unable to accommodate future guests.
- Beaches: Beech Tree Cottages offers guests discounted day passes for entry into Madison’s three town beaches (Memorial Day - Labor Day). Passes are available at the office for $10 each (cash only). One pass per cottage, per day please. Hammonasset Beach State Park charges a fee per out-of-state vehicle - rates and visitor information can be found by visiting the park website. CT registered vehicles enter all state parks for free. Walking or biking in via the Shoreline Greenway Trail is also free! Trail access is located just across from our office.
- Bicycles: Beech Tree Cottages provides complimentary adult beach cruiser bicycles at no charge on a first come, first serve basis at the office. Bicycles are available for guests use at the users' own risk and responsibility. We encourage the use of helmets provided. Beech Tree Cottages is not responsible for any misuse, injury, or damages to the rider. No riding after dark, please.
- Beach Accessories: We recommend bringing along any extras that you may need for enjoying your visit (sunblock, bug spray, beach towels, sun umbrellas, bikes, coolers, etc.). A select number of beach chairs and beach towels are available at our office for guest use, first come, first serve. Snacks and cold drinks are also available for purchase in our shop! Guests are always welcome to bring their own bikes to enjoy on their visit – please store them on your vehicle or outside your cottage.
- Wi-Fi: Due to the nature of our property, we cannot guarantee access to Wi-Fi across all 3 acres or inside each cottage. We have implemented a free hotspot signal for in-room Smart TVs and guests who wish to try their luck with their devices. We do encourage guests to keep it low tech, enjoy nature, read a good book, or talk to a mate! Weather and other circumstance out of our control may affect WIFI signal strength. Be prepared to use your mobile hotspot if internet access becomes limited. Guests are always welcome to visit the office picnic area to access the main wifi signal.
- Guests are expected to treat our property with respect and will be held responsible for any damages incurred to our cottages or grounds.
- Lost Key Fee : $65
COVID HEALTH & SAFETY
STAY HOME & STAY SAFE if you OR someone you have been in contact with has COVID-19 OR displays any cold, flu, or allergy symptoms including but not limited to fever, headache, cough, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, nausea, shortness of breath, trouble breathing, loss of taste or smell, vomiting, or diarrhea.
For CT Guidelines and Travel Restrictions, VISIT: CT.GOV
Our family is committed to providing you with a safe & welcome hotel experience. We are vaccinated, monitor our personal health daily, and are always happy to don a mask when interacting with customers or conducting housekeeping per a guests' request. We ask that our guests reciprocate this kindness and also consider the safety of our family & staff as we navigate the evolving Covid era together. If you have any questions, please ask.
To hold cottages for your group, a 50% deposit plus non-refundable $150 reservation fee is required at time of booking. Guests within your group should call the office to secure their reservations at least 45 days prior to arrival date, at which time we may remove your hold without penalty. Upon arrival and receipt of full payment from your guests, your 50% deposit will be refunded to you. If you do not wish to hold rooms with a deposit, we cannot guarantee availability for your guests. Due to our small scale, we do not offer discounted group rates. If a host wishes to continue to keep the reservation at the 45-day mark, the host will be fully responsible for any or all unclaimed rooms attached to the Room Block Reservation from that point on.
If you are hosting a private event or wedding at our venue, you will be required to book all cottages for a minimum of two nights. Please email email@example.com for information and availability.
FURTHER QUESTIONS? Please call (203) 245-2676 and we will be happy to help.