Beech Tree Cottages operates seasonally from May through October, or earlier or later if the weather is favorable. Rates vary by cottage and by season. To make your reservation and to obtain more information about our amenities and the local area, please call our office at
+(203) 245 - 2676.
Cottage Policies & Information
- CHECK-IN: 3 PM
- CHECK-OUT: 10:30 AM NO late check-out please and thank you
- 2-night minimum, 3-night holidays
- Please call to make a reservation: (203) 245-2676
- No Smoking, No Pets, No Bonfires
- COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY -
STAY HOME & STAY SAFE if you OR someone you have been in contact has COVID-19 OR displays any cold, flu, or allergy symptoms including but not limited to fever, headache, cough, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, nausea, shortness of breath, trouble breathing, loss of taste or smell, vomiting, or diarrhea.
For CT Guidelines and Travel Restrictions, VISIT: CT.GOV
We are happy to reschedule your visit to a later date if you are unwell or unable to visit due to Covid-19. If this occurs during your visit to Madison, call the office so we may take the immediate steps and precautions to keep you and our guests safe.
If you do not wish to reschedule, your reservation will be handled as a cancellation. We will continue to update you on any policy changes or CT State mandates in regards to your stay.
COTTAGE INFORMATION AND POLICIES CONTINUED
- 2 Night Minimum required for all stays. 3 night minimum for holiday weekends.
- A 50% deposit will be required to make a reservation, with balance due upon arrival.
- Holidays are subject to weekend rate.
- All rates are subject to 15% CT Occupancy Tax.
- All rates are subject to change without notice.
- Cottage assignment is subject to change without notice.
You may cancel or change your reservation for a $25 processing fee per transaction up until 10 days prior to arrival. A refund of your deposit will not be issued without 10 days notice. We regret that refunds are not issued for early departures or late arrivals. Although we sympathize with travel mix-ups, uncooperative weather, and family emergencies, a refund of your deposit will not be issued without 10 days notice. Please communicate any plans or changes to your stay, so we may plan accordingly and keep everyone happy and healthy!
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
- CHECK-IN: 3pm - 5pm. Please call or view your arrival day Welcome Email for instructions.
- CHECK OUT: No later than 10:30am. Please leave your your room as you found it and follow check-out guidelines.
- Upon Check Out: The room should be left tidy and in the state in which you found it. All trash should be removed or placed in the room trash receptacles. No personal items are to be left inside or outside the cottage (food, trash, personal hygiene items, etc.). Large cottage fridges should be emptied upon departure. Follow further instructions provided in the room.
- Shared Areas & Social Distancing: Guests are welcome to enjoy our spacious yard for games, picnicking or family fun! Bring your own yard games or feel free to use the badminton net when it is out. We do ask you to keep in mind social distancing when interacting with guests outside of your “cottage household.” Do not move furniture or use the tented patio, please. Follow CDC guidelines for social distancing and face mask usage. Large cottages, only, will have access to shared gas grills located outside.
- Visitors: To respect the needs and safety of all of our guests, Beech Tree Cottages’ grounds are for the use of our guests only. No visitors will be permitted in the yard or in cottages this season. To be respectful of other guests, please keep to your cottage and outdoor space. Remember to adhere to the rules of social distancing when they apply.
- Housekeeping: To protect staff and guests, we will not be offering daily in-room housekeeping. We ask that you keep your cottage neat and tidy throughout your stay. Please consult the office if you are in need of fresh towels, a change of linens, or cleaning services. Trash can be disposed of at the dumpster next to the main house. We will come around daily for an exchange of towels and trash for anyone who wishes for a touch of socially distanced housekeeping!
- Towels & Linens: Each cottage will be dressed with bed and bath linens, and complimentary coffee, tea, and toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soap, makeup wipes, T.P.). If you will be in need of extra towels or a new set of sheets, please consult the office. Light housekeeping in the form of a towel and trash exchange will be provided upon request. Please put bath towels in the laundry basket upon check-out. If any items are soiled, please notify the front desk so we may safely dispose of them.
- Small Cottages do not include any refrigeration, food storage, or food preparation facilities. For health and fire safety, no cooking is permitted inside small cottages; this includes hotpots or hotplates. We highly recommend booking a large cottage if you plan to prepare snacks or meals. A complimentary 4-cup coffee maker and coffee kit will be provided.
- Large Cottages do not contain stoves or ovens. Kitchenettes consist of: bar sink, mini fridge, toaster, microwave and 4-cup coffee maker. If you plan to prepare food or snacks, we recommend brining along any supplies or paper goods - cups, plates, cutlery, etc. that you may need. Large cottage guests (only) will have access to complimentary, shared gas grills.
Additional Information Cont’d.
- Charcoal grills, bonfires and any form of open flame are not permitted. Complimentary gas grills are available to Large Cottage guests if they wish to cook or prepare meals.
- NO SMOKING. NO PETS. You will be charged a $250 cleaning fee and will be charged for lost business or damages if we are unable to accommodate future guests.
- Beaches: Beech Tree Cottages offers guests discounted day passes for entry into Madison’s three town beaches. Passes are available at the office for $10 each (cash only, please). Rates and rules for Hammonasset Beach State Park can be found by visiting their website. CT registered vehicles enter all state parks for free. Walking or biking in via the Shoreline Greenway Trail is also free! Trail access is located just across from our office.
- Bicycles: Beech Tree Cottages provides complimentary adult bicycles at no charge on a first come, first serve basis at the office. Bicycles are available for guests use at the users own risk and responsibility. We encourage the use of helmets provided. Beech Tree Cottages is not responsible for any misuse, injury, or damages to the rider.
- Beach chairs and beach towels are also available at our office for guest use, first come, first serve.
- Wi-Fi: Due to the nature of our property, we cannot guarantee access to Wi-Fi across all 3 acres or inside each cottage. Keep it low tech, enjoy nature, read a book, or talk to your mate! If you really need the Internet log-in, we gladly provide the info at check-in as well as on the clipboard in your room. Be prepared to use your own hotspot if needed! Check with the office for where to get the best signal on the property.
- Guests are expected to treat our property with respect and will be held responsible for any damages incurred to our cottages or grounds.
- Lost Key Fee : $45
To hold cottages for your group, a 50% deposit is required at time of booking. Guests within your group should call the office to secure their reservations at least 30 days prior to arrival date, at which time we may remove your hold without penalty. Upon arrival and receipt of full payment from your guests, your deposit will be refunded to you. If you do not wish to hold rooms with a deposit, we cannot guarantee availability for your guests. Due to our small scale, we do not offer discounted group rates.
If you are hosting a private event or wedding at our venue, you will be required to book all cottages for a minimum of two nights. Please email email@example.com for information and availability.