Beech Tree Cottages operates seasonally from May through October, or earlier or later if the weather is favorable. Rates vary by cottage and by season. To make your reservation and to obtain more information about our amenities and the local area, please call our office at
+(203) 245 - 2676.
Cottage Policies & Information
- Check In @ 3 pm
- Check Out @ 10 am ~ We cannot accommodate late check outs. Thank you! ~
- 2 Night Minimum, 3 Night Holidays
- No Smoking, No Pets, No Bonfires
- Please call or visit our website to book your stay
- 2 Night Minimum required for all stays. Weekends are Friday & Saturday night.
- 3 Night Minimum for holiday weekends.
- A 50% deposit will be required to make a reservation, with balance due upon arrival.
- All rates are subject to 15% CT Occupancy Tax.
- All rates are subject to change without notice.
- Cottage assignment is subject to change without notice.
- If considering a 7 night stay, we ask that you avoid Saturday check-in/check-out.
You may cancel or change your reservation for a $25 processing fee per transaction up until 15 days prior to arrival. A refund of your deposit will not be issued without 15 days notice. We regret that refunds are not issued for early departures or late arrivals. Although we sympathize with travel mix-ups, uncooperative weather, and family emergencies, a refund of your deposit will not be issued without 15 days notice. Cancellations made within 24 hours of, or prior to, your arrival date are considered a late arrival, and you will be responsible for all -or- 50% of the remaining balance due. Please communicate any plans or changes to your stay, so we may best assist you. Cancellations or rescheduling must be confirmed by phone only.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
- CHECK-IN: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm at our office & gift shop. Call for late arrival instructions.
- CHECK OUT: No later than 10:00 am. Please leave your room as you found it and return your key to the front desk (drop it in the key box for early morning departures). A fee will be charged to guests who fail to check-out on time, and for those who do not leave their room as they found it.
- Upon Check Out: The room should be left tidy and in the state in which you found it.
Place used towels in the provided hamper.
Turn off a/c, heat, and/or ceiling fan, and open screened windows please.
Empty mini fridge & wash dishes (large cottages, please).
All trash should be removed or placed in the room trash receptacles. No personal items are to be left inside or outside the cottage (food, trash, personal hygiene, etc.).
Please return your key to the office. Thank you for your stay!
- Shared Areas & Social Distancing: Guests are welcome to enjoy our spacious yard for games, picnicking or family fun! Bring your own yard games or feel free to use the badminton net when it is out. We do ask you to keep in mind social distancing when interacting with guests outside of your “cottage household.” Do not move indoor/outdoor furniture or use the tented patio, please. Follow CDC guidelines for social distancing and face mask usage. Large cottages, only, will have access to shared gas grills located outside.
- Visitors: To respect the needs and safety of all of our guests, Beech Tree Cottages’ grounds are for the use of our guests only. No visitors will be permitted in the yard or in cottages this season. To be respectful of other guests, please keep to your cottage and outdoor space. Remember to adhere to the rules of social distancing when they apply.
- Housekeeping: To protect staff and guests, we will not be offering daily in-room housekeeping. We ask that you keep your cottage neat and tidy throughout your stay. Please consult the office if you are in need of fresh towels, a change of linens, or cleaning services. Trash can be disposed of at the dumpster next to the main house. We will come around daily for an exchange of towels and trash for anyone who wishes for a touch of light housekeeping!
- Towels & Linens: Each cottage will be dressed with bed and bath linens, and complimentary coffee, tea, and toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soap, makeup wipes, T.P.). If you will be in need of extra towels or a new set of sheets, please consult the office. Light housekeeping in the form of a towel and trash exchange will be provided upon request. Please put bath towels in the laundry basket upon check-out. If any items are soiled, please notify the front desk so we may safely dispose of them.
- Small Cottages do not include any refrigeration, food storage, or food preparation facilities. For health and fire safety, no cooking is permitted inside small cottages; this includes hotpots or hotplates. We highly recommend booking a large cottage if you plan to prepare snacks or meals. A complimentary 4-cup coffee maker and coffee kit is provided in every room.
- Large Cottages do not contain stoves or ovens. Kitchenettes consist of a bar sink, mini fridge, toaster, microwave and 4-cup coffee maker. If you plan to prepare food or snacks, we recommend brining along any supplies or paper goods - cups, plates, cutlery, etc. that you may need. Large cottage guests (only) will have access to complimentary, shared gas grills.
Additional Information Cont’d.
- Charcoal grills, bonfires and any form of open flame are not permitted. Complimentary gas grills are available to Large Cottage guests if they wish to cook or prepare meals.
- NO SMOKING. NO PETS. NO BONFIRES or CANDLES. You will be charged a $250 cleaning fee and will be charged for lost business or damages if we are unable to accommodate future guests.
- Beaches: Beech Tree Cottages offers guests discounted day passes for entry into Madison’s three town beaches (Memorial Day - Labor Day). Passes are available at the office for $10 each (cash only, please). One pass per cottage, per day please. Hammonasset Beach State Park charges a fee per out-of-state vehicle - rates and visitor information can be found by visiting the park website. CT registered vehicles enter all state parks for free. Walking or biking in via the Shoreline Greenway Trail is also free! Trail access is located just across from our office.
- Bicycles: Beech Tree Cottages provides complimentary adult beach cruiser bicycles at no charge on a first come, first serve basis at the office. Bicycles are available for guests use at the users own risk and responsibility. We encourage the use of helmets provided. Beech Tree Cottages is not responsible for any misuse, injury, or damages to the rider. No riding after dark, please.
- Beach Accessories: We recommend bringing along any extras that you may need for enjoying your visit (sunblock, bug spray, beach towels, sun umbrellas, bikes, coolers, etc.). A select number of beach chairs and beach towels are available at our office for guest use, first come, first serve. Snacks and drinks are also available for purchase in our shop! Guests are always welcome to bring their own bikes to enjoy on their visit – please store them on your car or outside your cottage.
- Wi-Fi: Due to the nature of our property, we cannot guarantee access to Wi-Fi across all 3 acres or inside each cottage. Keep it low tech, enjoy nature, read a book, or talk to your mate! If you would like to try the Internet log-in, we will gladly provide the info at check-in as well as on the clipboard in your room. Be prepared to use your own hotspot if needed! Check with the office for where to get the best signal on the property.
- Guests are expected to treat our property with respect and will be held responsible for any damages incurred to our cottages or grounds.
- Lost Key Fee : $45
COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY
STAY HOME & STAY SAFE if you OR someone you have been in contact with has COVID-19 OR displays any cold, flu, or allergy symptoms including but not limited to fever, headache, cough, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, nausea, shortness of breath, trouble breathing, loss of taste or smell, vomiting, or diarrhea.
For CT Guidelines and Travel Restrictions, VISIT: CT.GOV
Our family is committed to providing you with a safe & welcome hotel experience. We are vaccinated, monitor our personal health daily, and are always happy to don a mask when interacting with customers or conducting housekeeping. We ask that our guests reciprocate this kindness and also consider the safety of our family & staff as we navigate the evolving Covid era together. If you have any questions, please ask.
We are happy to reschedule your visit to a later date (within the season) if you are unwell or unable to visit due to Covid-19. If this occurs during your visit to Madison, call the office so we may take the immediate steps and precautions to keep you and our guests safe.
If you do not wish to reschedule, your reservation will be handled as a cancellation. We will continue to update you on any policy changes or CT State mandates in regards to your stay.
To hold cottages for your group, a 50% deposit is required at time of booking. Guests within your group should call the office to secure their reservations at least 30 days prior to arrival date, at which time we may remove your hold without penalty. Upon arrival and receipt of full payment from your guests, your deposit will be refunded to you. If you do not wish to hold rooms with a deposit, we cannot guarantee availability for your guests. Due to our small scale, we do not offer discounted group rates.
If you are hosting a private event or wedding at our venue, you will be required to book all cottages for a minimum of two nights. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information and availability.
FURTHER QUESTIONS? Please call (203) 245-2676 and we will be happy to help.