Beech Tree Cottages operates seasonally from May through October, or earlier or later if the weather is favorable. Rates vary by cottage and by season. To make your reservation and to obtain more information about our amenities and the local area, please call our office at
+(203) 245 - 2676.
COVID-19 & SUMMER 2020 Policy UPDATES
We are looking forward to your visit! With many changes and various state mandates, we wanted to let you know what we will be doing differently.
As a means to protect you, fellow guests and our family, the following changes will be implemented for the 2020 season in accordance with Connecticut State Mandates.
- All non-essential amenities must be removed. What does this mean? Shampoo, soap, coffee, creamers, sugar, etc. will not be stocked in your room. If you are in need of these items, they will be available upon request. Blow dryers, irons/ironing boards, and large cottage gas grills, plates, cups, mugs, and cutlery will be removed completely. In addition, complimentary bicycles, beach towels, and beach chairs will not be offered this season.
- Employees prohibited from entering guest rooms while guests are present. As a result, we will not offer daily housekeeping. Rooms will be dressed with bed and bath linens based on the number of expected guests. Call or visit the office for fresh towels. Upon check out, guests will be asked to place all used bed and bath linens in the laundry basket provided in each room. Please keep your room clean and tidy throughout your stay. No personal items, trash or food should be left in or outside your cottage.
- Contactless Payment & Mobile Receipts: Unless an alternate card is provided, upon check-in or after 2 pm on the day of check-in, the credit card on file will be run for the full amount due. No cash, please. A copy of your receipts will be available upon request or via email.
- Promote Social Distancing: Face masks will be required when entering the office/shop or interacting with staff and other guests. Guests will only have access to their individual cottage and are encouraged to only interact with their immediate group. When using the sidewalk, parking lot, or yard, please maintain 6 feet from all other persons outside your immediate cottage "household." Face masks must be worn when 6 feet cannot be maintained. To go a step further, we will not be permitting outside visitors. Beech Tree Cottages grounds and cottages are for cottage guests only.
Please find further details and the full updated version of our new policies continued.
- COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY -
If you do not feel well, or if you or someone you have been in contact with has signs of Covid-19, please stay home and stay safe. We are happy to reschedule your visit to a later date if you are unwell or unable to visit due to Covid-19. If this occurs during your visit to Madison, call the office so we may take the proper steps and precautions for you and other guests.
We will continue to update you on any changes and CT State mandates in regards to Covid-19 and how they will impact your stay - as we expect you to keep us posted on any changes or health concerns on your end.
You may cancel or change your reservation for a $25 processing fee per transaction up until 10 days prior to arrival. A refund of your deposit will not be issued without 10 days notice. Upon check-in or after 2 pm on the day of your arrival, your card will be run for the balance amount due. We regret that refunds are not issued for early departures or late arrivals. Please communicate any plans or changes to your stay, so we may plan accordingly and keep everyone happy and healthy!
- Two Night Minimum required for all 2020 stays.
- Reservations made April 2020 to JUNE 11, 2020: we did not collect a deposit. We will keep your card on file and run the full amount due on the day of check-in.
- Reservations made after JUNE 11 for the 2020 season: A 50% deposit will be required to make a reservation per our usual reservation policy.
- Holidays are subject to weekend rate.
- All rates are subject to 15% CT Occupancy Tax.
- All rates are subject to change without notice.
- Cottage assignment is subject to change without notice.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
- CHECK-IN: 2pm - 6pm. For late check-in, please consult the office to make arrangements.
- CHECK OUT: No later than 10:30am. Please leave your key in your room. Call or visit the office to confirm check out.
- Upon Check Out: Please place all used towels and bed linens in the room laundry basket. Turn off A/C and open all screened windows. Place your key on the counter and depart. The room should be left tidy and in the state in which you found it. All trash should be removed or placed in the trash receptacles. No personal items are to be left inside or outside the cottage (food, trash, personal hygiene items, etc.). A cleaning fee will be charged to any guests who do not follow these new guidelines.
- Shared Areas & Social Distancing: Social distancing must be followed throughout your stay. Guests will only have access to their individual cottage and are encouraged to only interact with those in their immediate group. When using the sidewalk, parking lot, or the yard, please practice social distancing and remain 6 feet apart from all other persons. Face masks must be worn when 6 feet cannot be maintained. When in the office/shop or interacting with staff, face masks must be worn. Only 1 party of 1-2 guests will be permitted in the office at a time. Staff will not enter your room while you are present. If you need assistance, please call or visit the office.
- Visitors: To respect the needs and safety of all of our guests, Beech Tree Cottages’ grounds are for the use of our guests only. No visitors will be permitted in the yard or in cottages this season. To be respectful of other guests, please keep to your cottage and outdoor space. Remember to adhere to the rules of social distancing.
- Housekeeping: In accordance with the state, employees will be prohibited from entering guest rooms while the guest is present. To protect staff and guests, we will not be offering daily housekeeping for the 2020 season. We ask that you keep your cottage neat and tidy throughout your stay. Please consult the office if you are in need of fresh towels, a change of linens, or cleaning services. Trash can be disposed of at the dumpster next to the main house.
- Complimentary Amenities: Forget your shampoo, conditioner, lotion or soap? Looking for your morning or afternoon coffee and tea? Please visit the office for supplies! Items will only be available upon request.
- Towels & Linens: Each cottage will be dressed with bed and bath linens based on the number of expected guests. If you will be in need of extra towels or a new set of sheets, please consult the office. Please strip your bed and bath linens upon check out – please place all items in the laundry basket. If any items are soiled, please notify the front desk so we may safely dispose of them.
- Small Cottages do not include any refrigeration, food storage, or food preparation facilities. For health and fire safety, no cooking is permitted inside small cottages; this includes hotpots or hotplates. We highly recommend booking a large cottage if you plan to prepare snacks or meals.
- Large Cottages do not contain stoves or ovens. Unfortunately shared gas grills will not be offered for the 2020 season as a means to avoid unnecessary contact between guests. If you plan to prepare food or snacks, bring along any necessary supplies. Glassware, dinnerware and silverware will not be provided for 2020.
Additional Information Cont’d.
- Bonfires are not permitted. Shared gas grills will not be provided for the 2020 season. 1 small personal camping grill will be permitted for large cottages only.
- NO SMOKING. NO PETS. You will be charged a $250 cleaning fee and will be charged for lost business or damages if we are unable to accommodate future guests.
- Guests are expected to treat our property with respect and will be held responsible for any damages incurred to our cottages or grounds. Do not move cottage furniture or outdoor furniture.
- Availability of Town of Madison Guest Beach Passes is TBD for the 2020 Season. Rates and rules for Hammonasset Beach State Park can be found by visiting their website.
- Wi-Fi: Due to the nature of our property, we cannot guarantee access to Wi-Fi across all 3 acres or inside each cottage. Keep it low tech, enjoy nature, read a book, or talk to your mate! If you really need the Internet, we will gladly provide the password. But be prepared to use your own hotspot if needed!
- Further Updates: to protect guests and limit contact with other guests and staff, bicycles, beach towels, beach chairs, and shared gas grills will not be available this year.
- Lost Key Fee : $45
To hold cottages for your group, a 50% deposit is required at time of booking. Guests within your group should call the office to secure their reservations at least 30 days prior to arrival date, at which time we may remove your hold without penalty. Upon arrival and receipt of full payment from your guests, your deposit will be refunded to you. If you do not wish to hold rooms with a deposit, we cannot guarantee availability for your guests. Due to our small scale, we do not offer discounted group rates.
We are not accepting new event reservations for the 2020 season. Please call the office for information and availability for future bookings.